How porcelain veneers in Rayne, LA can make the smile of your dreams come true
Everyone loves a beautiful smile. Unfortunately, not everyone is naturally blessed with one, and a lot of things can happen to your teeth over the course of a lifetime. Fortunately, you can change virtually anything about the appearance of your smile. Often, this can be accomplished with a single procedure – porcelain veneers from Dr. Patrick Briese of Rayne, LA.
What porcelain veneers can do for your smile
This is an extremely versatile treatment, which can:
- Lengthen teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Cover permanent stains or dark enamel
- Change the shape of teeth
- Correct some minor damage
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Cover blemishes
- Provide a full smile makeover in one procedure
The porcelain veneer process
Placing veneers usually involves three appointments:
- During your consultation Dr. Briese will make sure you are a good candidate for veneers and answer any questions you may have.
- At the next appointment he will prepare your teeth and take impressions, which are sent to a dental laboratory. Temporary veneers will be placed so your smile will look good when you leave the office.
- The final appointment happens after your veneers are ready. Dr. Briese will remove the temporaries and cement your permanent, gorgeous, porcelain veneers in place.
Are veneers right for you?
Veneers cover the visible portion of treated teeth, so they can correct almost any cosmetic concern. It is a very conservative procedure, because the porcelain layer is so thin that tooth preparation is minimal. If you want to fix a chipped tooth or improve the appearance of a healthy one, then a veneer is probably a great choice. However, for that reason veneers are not sufficient for repairing significant tooth damage.
Porcelain veneer treatment is also a great way to fix stained teeth that do not respond to bleaching. For example, coffee stains on teeth are superficial and usually disappear with a single Zoom 2 whitening treatment. On the other hand, tetracycline stains are intrinsic (within the tooth structure) and usually cannot be bleached. Because there are several possible causes of yellow teeth, white spots on teeth, and other types of teeth discoloration, Dr. Briese will perform an examination before recommending whitening or veneers.
The best way to find out if you are a candidate for veneers is to call our office at (337) 223-9454 and schedule a consultation.