With proper denture care, your dentures should last you for years. Follow these tips to keep your dentures in great shape:
- Avoid brushing your dentures with a regular toothbrush or toothpaste. These are too abrasive and could cause damage to your dentures.
- Only use soap and water or a cleanser specifically designed for dentures.
- When your dentures are out of your mouth, keep them moist. If your dentures dry out, they may warp.
- Keep dentures out of the reach of children and pets.
- Be very careful not to drop your dentures. They could become bent, cracked, or otherwise damaged.
If your dentures fall or they don't feel like they are fitting quite right, call to have them checked by Dr. Briese.