Straighter, healthier smiles with Invisalign treatment in Rayne, LA
Teeth straightening is a commonly requested treatment at Patrick Briese’s practice here in Rayne, LA. Most people want nice, evenly aligned, easy to clean teeth – but most of them don’t want to wear braces. That is why we choose to offer Invisalign treatment, which accomplishes the same goal as traditional braces without the wires and brackets.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the high-tech, and beautiful way to straighten crooked teeth and correct alignment. It works on the same premise as traditional braces, which is applying gentle, steady pressure to gradually move teeth. What is very different is the way that Invisalign accomplishes that goal. Rather than brackets and wires, the Invisalign system uses clear teeth aligners.
The technology behind Invisalign is sophisticated and complex, but the process and patient experience are incredibly simple.
- First, Dr. Briese will perform an examination and discuss your options. If you are considering Invisalign, he will take digital impressions (no messy goop or uncomfortable trays).
- The whole treatment plan is designed using proprietary software. It shows detailed simulations of tooth movement throughout the procedure, making Invisalign results highly predictable and reliable.
- Your aligners are custom made at the Invisalign laboratory using 3D printing technology.
- You will have a series of aligners, which move teeth in precise increments. You’ll need to wear each one for two weeks, then discard it and move on to the next in the series.
Benefits of Invisalign treatment
Invisalign is not a STO (short term orthodontic) treatment, so it may not be the quickest way to straighten teeth. However, STO treatment only accomplishes minor movement of the front teeth. It is essentially just for cosmetic correction. Invisalign, on the other hand, is just as powerful as traditional braces. It can address overbite, under bite, cross bite, and other major orthodontic cases in addition to straightening crooked teeth. In fact, Invisalign typically achieves results comparable to traditional braces, in a similar timeframe.
Patients choose Invisalign for many reasons, including:
- Clear aligners are practically invisible
- Aligners are removable for simple oral hygiene
- There are no food restrictions during treatment
- Thin, lightweight Invisalign is more comfortable than bulky braces
To learn more and find out if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, call us at (337) 223-9454 and schedule a consultation.